Monday, July 11, 2005

In Heavenly Love


A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Change is never easy for me. It's unpredictable and quite easy to lose courage under the circumstances of change. As I was pondering and, to be honest, worrying a little about some change that I am undergoing in my life - this old hymn came into my mind and it comforted me.
I suppose the unknown is never unknown to God. I inherited an old pocket Bible from my Grandmother that has 'Tomorrow never takes the Lord by surprise' written in the inside cover.
Here is that hymn.

In heavenly love abiding,
No change my heart shall fear;
And safe is such confiding,
For nothing changes here:
The storm may roar without me,
My heart may low be laid,
But God is round about me,
And can I be dismayed?

Wherever he may guide me,
No want shall turn me back;
My Shepherd is beside me,
And nothing can I lack.
His wisdom ever waketh,
His sight is never dim,
He knows the way he taketh,
And I will walk with him.

Green pastures are before me,
Which yet I have not seen;
Bright skies will soon be o'er me,
Where darker clouds have been.
My hope I cannot measure,
The path to life is free;
My Saviour has my treasure,
And he will walk with me.

Author: Anna L. Waring

I read an interesting article on Proverbs 16:9 this evening.

'Here is God's government of our race. Man proposes; God disposes. Man freely devises; God powerfully directs. Man willingly plans; God masterfully dictates. Man acts as he pleases; God is pleased by how He uses man's actions. He is the LORD!'

My Mum said to me once "a road with no bends is a boring one". I suppose if we all knew what was around the corner in life, we would be less likely to trust God for everything.

oh, and things would be boring.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you were the one who stole Grandma's books after she died! I was wondering where that one had got to! See you in court!!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home