Friday, February 24, 2006

What a wonderful world

Not that I'm opposed to people getting what they want, and hurting people to get it, but this is getting really old. In the last few weeks, the two closest commercial buildings to my house have been robbed at gunpoint. This morning I woke up to the sound of the News Chopper 9 helicopter hovering above my house and street. Wondering if the UMB bank at 79th & Wornall had been robbed again, I turned on the news to actually find that someone at the Kicks 66 gas station had been shot (right across the street from UMB). Yeah, so this all leaves me feeling pretty good about our neighbourhood, or, perhaps - 'hood' as I've come to realise today.

After 2 shootings in the last few weeks within view of your house,

Do you -

a) Continue living where you are
b) Sell up before you get shot
c) Pretend that nothing happened
d) Turn yourself in

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up with KC?! I just had my CD player stolen from my car in my own driveway. Not as serious as shootings, but what is the deal?

It is realize not realise in the US buddy! Give up your shoddy spelling practices; don't be scared of the Z.

1:04 PM  
Blogger timsamoff said...

Time to move closer to the inner-city, Andy... There's not as much crime here. ;)

Hey, as a matter of fact, there is a house for sale across the street from us. Plus, the Pattens' house -- and one two houses from them -- is for sale as well (just a couple of blocks down from our place).

8:20 PM  
Blogger slim with tha tilted brim said...

I would e) buy a gun (if I were a republican).

9:39 PM  
Blogger anthony said...

(notice from the nsa: we're not monitoring this comment stream.)

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home