Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ching Chong


***UPDATE 17/12/05***
An unexpected surprise has been attributed to this blog entry. It's been awarded 'Best Blog Post of 2005' by Tim Samoff. Most people can only dream of having their names in Tim's Hall of Fame. Thank you for your kind award.

I went to see this movie yesterday with an old travelling buddy - Jason. If you haven't met Jason, you really should. And if you haven't seen this movie, you really should do that too. The movie's wonderful attributes - visual effects, animation, storyline etc. remind me a lot of my own life. WARNING - Contains Spoilers...
Allow me to whisk you back in time for a moment. Picture this in your minds. I was once a beast on the Island of Great Britain minding my own business, swinging from tree to tree and, on ocassion, beating my chest and roaring at things. Then, one day, a helpless young unemployed American girl found herself on my island. The local savages presented her to me as a sacrifice to appease me. I always find these occassions endearing. She screamed, albeit in American - but I still understood what she was saying, because I know that when Americans from America scream "Nooooo!", it really means "Yessss!". I literally picked her up with one hand and carried her away to my lair. Which, I might add, she loved.
A surprising turn of events took place after this. One thing led to another - I was considered a threat - sedated, and brought back to America. Now I am a foriegn attraction!

Amazing really, how a movie like King Kong could have been prophetic in telling my own story. Long live Hollywood! Long live WETA! Long live Peter Jackson who turned my own life story into an amazing Hollywood movie and did it so well.

6 Comments:

Blogger Galadriel Thompson said...

are you as hairy?

7:45 PM  
Blogger Andy Michael said...

You'll find out if you go to Matt's birthday party.

8:24 PM  
Blogger timsamoff said...

I am going to officially entitle (yes, I can do that) this Blog post as the "Best Blog Post of 2005." Congratulations.

In fact, I think I'm going to go Blog about it right now.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you guys talking about? I love this blog. Andy is the awesomest guy! All of the other guys in my Electronic Gaming clan totally agree. And Joel Blumgold, the guy I play Advanced Tactics with is on Andy's side, too! He rocks! Sometimes I even clip little bits of Andy's blog and mail them to my mother in Queens. She loves them. She always asks "How is that friend of yours? That Andy, the writer, who's so funny with the webpages and the blogs?" She doesn't know I've never actually met Andy. But she wants me to meet him so she can send some jello salad to him.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Galadriel Thompson said...

This blog is marginally better than changing a diaper.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

andy where are you it's been over a month!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home