Thursday, December 08, 2005

Food! Glorious Food!

Christmas is almost here. 2005 is drawing to a close. It's that time of year again. Time for new year's resolutions. I don't really like that phrase though - 'new year's resolutions'. When I hear that, all that comes to mind is failure and fickle commitments. So, I use the phrase VERY loosely. What I really mean when I think of NYR's is - what would be fun to TRY and do next year. Or, what would I like to start thinking about doing at some point next year.

I'll start the bidding. I would like to try and cook more, or more accurately - I would like to start trying to cook. I've got more than enough cook books around the house. I mean, - let's take Jamie Oliver for example. Jamie Oliver is a professional chef and he is pretty cool. He cooks. He looks cool while he's cooking. He wears cool clothes while he cooks. He's funny. He's got flair, style and a British accent. He's got cool cooking shows. My wife likes him. I already have most of those qualities. Hopefully one day, my wife will like me too because I will be a good cook.

So, there's my inspiration. I'm not setting any dates or specific goals, but I think it's time I did a little more in the kitchen. I'd like to look at it as more of a hobby than a chore. Something I could, maybe, take some pride in. Maybe even post what I made on my blog, so that y'all can try some too. Physically reach into my blog and pull some food out of the screen and try it.

So, what are some of your New Year's plans or desires?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom and Leah said...

you shouldn't use stock photos you found on the internet of cute babies and try to pretend their yours. that's illegal, and there's a hefty reward for turning in such pirates as yourself. and if you're stealing cable, i'll turn you in for that too.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Andy Michael said...

Yeah, you're right. Maybe people do "think I'll really uncool." Maybe they also think "you'll really uncool" for bad grammer.
Come back when you learn english properly.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Andy Michael said...

Matthew Thompson, please remember that there are children who read this family-friendly blog.
Sincerely,

The Administrator

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home