Sunday, October 02, 2005

Marmalade

As I begin this post I really don't know what I am going to write about. It's been a while since I posted so I suppose I had better get-something-out-there. I've had a horribly busy week that has seen me walk through my front door after 1 am most days. There's no business like show business. Actually, more like show busyness. The KC BBQ Festival (or 'the KC BBQ Festival of Great Britain' as I like to call it. For some reason.) was a good time. I was lucky/unlucky enough to run the hand-held stage camera for Otis Day (Animal House band), the Click Five, Fefe Dobson, Natasha Bedingfield and another band which I can't remember, but they were good. Old, but good.
I was supposed to be covering Better Than Ezra, but they were rained out. During the last song of the Click Five set (at which point I was in the pit getting some wickedly cool shots) the rain came down and the floods came up. Time to pack up. Got done around 12 midnight drenched through.
Stood naked in the empty parking garage changing my clothes, and then looked up to find two CCTV cameras about, oh - 10 ft away. Drove home in my socks (funny place to drive!).
That's all I have to say. Watching the Chiefs game at the moment mildly interested. Still don't have my dish working on the side of the house. Looks like the Jacob's Well site is down too. Can't download the message from this morning. Which reminds me of the drama we had trying to get to church this morning. Left the house at 10:30 am. Church starts at 10:30. Decided about 1 minute from the house to go and have breakfast with my wife and son instead and have a quiet morning. Then, Alec puked all over himself on our way into First Watch. Great. Cleaned him up and went to Panera in Prairie Village (or 'prairie-village-people' as I like to call it. For some reason.) for an early lunch.
Ho hummm - that's my news.

3 Comments:

Blogger timsamoff said...

Hope your week goes better... Sound like the weekend was pretty entertaining to me, though. :)

7:15 AM  
Blogger Happy In Bag said...

Insider gossip on the musical acts, please! Did Natasha Bedingfield sing live? Does Fefe Dobson smell good?

6:40 AM  
Blogger Andy Michael said...

Did you know that my blog is FDA approved?
As for Natasha Bedingfield - she DID sing live and sounded quite good. Although I don't think "I'm from England.." is a good way to open your set.
Fefe Dobson smelled nice, about how I thought she would smell - angry. But she was great, especially when she winked at me and blew kisses to me.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home