Sunday, July 31, 2005

A new life


A few inches under these hands is a little beating heart. It's hard to imagine that I will have a son in about a month. It's also hard to imagine that the responsibility of being the baby's father will fall on my shoulders. I'm in a state of amazement and awe right now, it's the last month - the last month where my time and energy revolves around just me and my wife.
When we went up to the altar to take communion this morning, the man who served us communion looked at us both with a smile and said "the body of Christ, broken for all three of you."

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom and Leah said...

that's a beautiful picture of the belly. did you take that? you're going to be a great dad, just follow luke's lead.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Andy Michael said...

Yeah, I took that picture yesterday. I think if we all follow Luke's lead we should all be just fine. We should all have lovely well-adjusted children who say bad words at Chipotle.

No, seriously, I think Luke and Galadriel have about the best balance in the world and we really admire the way they bring up their kids. That's why it's so neat to be around their kids. We are certainly taking note!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Wow! Coming quick! Have a great birth!

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May the Lord surprise you!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home