Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Casual Piracy

Avaaast there, shipmates! Looks like record companies are quietly working on new ways to control the way we use the music we buy - watch out, casual pirates!
I read this news article today and I am still trying to make up my mind about what I think about it.

Here is a little synopsis of the story if you don't have time to go there.
The record industry has been targeting online music sharing for years, but now it has undertaken a new war--against "casual piracy."
Sony BMG and EMI have begun shipping compact discs using technology that limits the number of copies you can make of any disc to three. And you can't port songs from affected CDs to Apple IPod players unless you request a workaround from Sony.

Thanks to Heath for being the photo on this post and for posting very nice things about me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the more reason to stick to iTunes. Also, for you online music pirates. I personally think that the music industry is experimenting in hiding viruses on popular P2P networks under the guise of popular songs or artists. In some cases viruses have already been showing up, (we don't know where they originated from), and spyware has already flooded this resource.

www.iTunes.com

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never downloaded anything, so I'm safe!! Well there was your Killers album I enjoyed, but that's an exception for a great new band! Jonny M

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home