Friday, August 19, 2005

Family Traditions

A few years back I heard a memorable sermon. Tom Herzog was talking about significant moments in his life that he titled 'Joshua Moments'. After very personal significant moments with his children he would keep a 'souvenier' from that moment and it would be called, from that moment onward, a Joshua moment. And he would have an artifact to remember it by, like Joshua would after a great victory or memorable moment in his life.
I am very much looking forward to adopting this tradition into my relationship with my son.
The 'Joshua Moments' idea all came back to me after I recieved a book through the mail from Tom today called 'You Have What it Takes' What every Father Needs to Know - by John Eldredge. It was a wonderful surprise and I look forward to reading it.
I am also looking forward to starting our own family traditions at different times of the year. I also want to hear what other family traditions people do with their kids. If you don't have kids yet - what traditions are you going to put into place? So tell me your traditions in the comments box.
(Btw, you don't have to register or have a login to post comments!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nous avons une tradition de donner à un présent sur quelqu'un l'anniversaire. Est habituellement est une flagellation terrible avec la branche d'un arbre de saule. Nous tous avons un bon rire. Les traditions sont tellement amusement.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you who don't speak French so well, here's what Doug roughly said -

We have a tradition to give to one present on somebody the birthday. Is usually is a terrible scourging with the branch of a tree of willow. We all have a good laughter. The traditions are so much recreation.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Andy Michael said...

Here's roughly what Luke said in his native language.

"I want to bathe out of liquid cheese. Moreover, I would like to be the commander of a boat full with old women beautful."

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home