Monday, August 08, 2005

Here fishy fishy!


I share our Lord's passion for fishing. A few weekends ago I was fishing with a couple of friends - Luke and Tom. It was about 8:10 in the evening on Saturday, we had pulled in a few decent 2 pounders and then we experienced a fish drought for about 10 minutes. I reeled in the yellow spinner slowly, that I had been using for most of the evening and I was watching the lure swim through the water back towards the boat when - WHAM - it got a hit. It was about 3 feet from the boat in water about 10 ft deep.
Out from the weeds came this 6 lb bass. She took it (how do I know it was a she? cos it was a Largemouth...thanks to my Dad for that joke!) I was holding on to the pole with both hands as the tip of the pole was down to my feet (well, almost!). I was shouting to the other guys "get it in the boat!!". Luke grabbed the line and pulled it in and as soon as he did, the line snapped. MAN! If it had been any further out I would have lost it and it would have forever been my fish-that-got-away story. Fortunately, it came up right by the boat so we were able to pull it right in to the boat!

Anyway, there's my fishing story. That kinda thing doesn't happen very often to me, at least. The biggest fish I ever caught. I took the pictures and released it for my son to catch one day, when it gets REALLY big!

8 Comments:

Blogger Tom and Leah said...

that is a big fish! i doubted but now i know, you weren't lying.
how's your wife? i heard something about something...

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great fishing story, but too bad it didn't get away. There is nothing like a great "got away" story. The fish are so much bigger, and everything is so much more exciting.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That boy there,"Luke", looks like he lived a good ol bachelor's life.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Andy Michael said...

He's still livin la vida loca, by the looks of things...and - come to think about it, he looks like your husband!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heard this luke guy knocked up a sweet girl from oklahoma. now she's a catch.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dj g.t., what's up haven't heard from your bad self in awhile, R U spinning records this weekend?

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always spinning records. It's just that no one else hears them.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Andy Michael said...

Yeah. The sad thing is - you can only HOPE to look as good as I did in my 'pre-surgery' days.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home